Geotechnical Engineering Technician
Compensation: $20-$40 per hour, depending on experience.
Branch Engineering, Inc has immediate openings for hard-working and detail-oriented Geotechnical Engineering Technicians. These positions are full-time and/or part-time and would work in our Springfield and Philomath offices. The Geotechnical Technician is responsible for supporting field work activities for various projects within the assigned discipline. May also assist with laboratory testing and support engineers and scientists with other project-related deliverables. This position will work closely with geotechnical engineers to complete projects across the Willamette Valley.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors field explorations and construction activities as they relate to the company’s services.
- Completes detailed, accurate field notes and prepares daily field reports in a timely manner.
- Collects samples from the field (soil, groundwater, surface water, concrete, etc.) in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains and operates field equipment/instrumentation as needed in accordance with specified procedures.
- Conducts field inspections in a safe manner in accordance with established Health and Safety guidelines.
- May assist with laboratory testing as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or advanced training preferred.
- 1 year of related field experience preferred. Experience within appropriate discipline (geotechnical, environmental, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with field report preparation preferred.
- Appropriate Health & Safety certification (i.e. Nuclear Density Gauge training, 40 Hour HAZWOPER training, etc.) required. Certification may be obtained upon hire as deemed appropriate.
- Ability to interpret and apply technical information and instructions.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, frequently lifting of up to 35 lbs. with occasionally lifting 60 lbs., prolonged sitting, and regular walking, bending, standing, and reaching.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities and do heavy work including exerting up to 60 pounds of force occasionally.
Branch Engineering is a well-established, mid-size, multi-discipline firm with offices in Springfield and Philomath, Oregon.
Springfield is in the heart of Lane County, located in the southern Willamette Valley. Within one hour of our office, there is access to the Oregon coast, the Cascade Mountain Range, and numerous National Forests. We have been a strong engineering presence in this area for over 45 years. Our culture is professional yet casual, and family-oriented.
At Branch, we strive to provide the highest quality engineering and surveying service to our clients at a reasonable price while maintaining an enjoyable and comfortable workplace environment where our staff has the opportunity to grow and prosper. We prioritize a healthy life/work balance.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that include an attractive SEP IRA program, healthcare coverage, paid time off, and professional development.
Our workload is consistent and well balanced with public and private work. Some of the more pertinent work we have is for our municipal clients that include active and anticipated projects from local cities, utility boards, and parks and recreation districts. Projects range from roadway/sidewalk design to waterlines, gravity sewer, and stormwater design. Additionally, there are anticipated engineering planning related work including master plans and technical reports.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest in this position. Please provide details demonstrating how your education, training and/or experience meets the above qualifications.